Usability checklists

Chan, Ian iachan at sccd.ctc.edu
Tue Feb 27 16:48:56 EST 2001

Our library is preparing a usability study for its web site next quarter.
Could someone recommend a checklist with evaluation criteria?
We are considering an informal approach of having student volunteers sit
with a librarian for 5-10 minutes while they complete a form and we observe
their use of the web pages.  We would set a target number of reviewers and
have the survey continue for 60 days.
Does this sound reasonable?

Also, I am looking for a study comparing library web sites nationwide based
on site navigation, layouts, wording, load times, etc.
Does such a study exist?

Thanks in advance ...

Here are our web pages ...
Now ... http://www.sccd.ctc.edu/~cclib/