[WEB4LIB] Re: next big thing?

John Creech creechj at mumbly.lib.cwu.edu
Wed Feb 21 12:49:50 EST 2001

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Kevin W. Bishop wrote:

> I really have no clue what the next big thing will be, but I thought this
> was interesting ... I'd like to see it in action.
> -kb
>

> PAGELESS WEB BROWSING
> Researchers at the University of West Florida's Institute for Human and
> Machine Cognition have come up with a new learning tool called concept
> mapping that bypasses the usual page-by-page process of Web browsing.

Here's another one in a bit of a similar vein--a PA company has unveiled a
browser that uses the metaphor of a cube to present Web pages in three
dimensions, with one page on each face.  BTW--this is not VRML.

http://www.redherring.com/companies/2001/0215/com-twice021501.html?id=yahoo

John Creech, CWU Library