Re. WAP/WML

Mark Jordan mjordan at sfu.ca
Sat Feb 17 12:46:32 EST 2001

Hi Gina,

On place to start looking is the study on WAP phones that Jakob Nielsen
did (available at http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20001210.html) in which he
found that WAP phones suffer serious usability problems, such as extremely
slow download times, tiny screen sizes, etc.

In an earlier column (http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20000917.html) Nielsen
had higher hopes for PDAs using the "deck-of-cards form factor" that the
Palm and other units have.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Mark Jordan
Librarian / Analyst, Systems Division
W.A.C. Bennett Library, Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, British Columbia, V5A 1S6, Canada
Phone (604) 291 5753 / Fax (604) 291 3023
mjordan at sfu.ca / http://www.sfu.ca/~mjordan/

Gina Jones asked: