gates computer lab

Lelia Nichols lnichols at victoria.lib.tx.us
Mon Feb 12 16:35:50 EST 2001

We are in the process of putting in our Gates Computer Lab.  It will consist of 10 machines.  We have outside groups that are anxiously waiting to use our lab for classes. (genealogy groups, senior citizens groups, etc.)  My question is, how do we go about registration for classes with these outside groups.  The classes cannot be charged for. Do we allow the group to restrict their class to their group, or must they include the public.  With only 10 machines, this could be a problem.  And if the public is also included, how do we coordinate registrations with the group?  We are going to be holding our own classes, so the groups naturally have to work around our schedule.

If you have handled this situation, your comments will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Lelia Nichols
Senior Computer Lab Assistant
Victoria Public Library