Writeable CD drive on a public machine?

Di Clarke di_clarke at bond.edu.au
Tue Feb 27 07:51:06 EST 2001

I think we may be hearing more about this ... we allow students to download
their articles, assignments etc onto floppies so they can print them at
home, but only last week a student asked me if she could download onto a
cd. It's the first time we've had this request, but I don't think it will
be the last - apparently, this is normal procedure for her at home - all of
her work is stored on disc ...

cheers
Di

At 01:27 PM 2/26/01 -0800, Bob Rasmussen wrote:
>On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Peter Scott wrote:
>
>> This just came up in discussion. If we have a print-station available,
>> allowing users of public machines to print to paper (at 10c per copy), why
>> not also have a machine which houses a writeable CD drive in the public
>> area?
>
>The word "Napster" comes to mind...
>
>--
>Regards,
>...Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.
>
>personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
> company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com
>          voice: (US) 503-624-0360 (9:00-6:00 Pacific Time)
>            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
>            web: http://www.anzio.com

Di Clarke
School of Information Technology Librarian
Bond University
Gold Coast QLD		ph: +61 07 55953362
Australia 4229		fax: +61 07 55951536

di_clarke at bond.edu.au