Publishers / Anti-Napster Forces / CD Burning

Audrey Kelly AKelly at lva.lib.va.us
Mon Feb 26 16:33:40 EST 2001

>From a recent article in Salon about the "new slackers" - laid off dot-com
workers who are rediscovering a life of relaxation
...<http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2001/02/26/new_slackers/index.html>

"Since being laid off, she has already been to Hawaii, and is now planning a
week in Mexico, two months in Europe and a leisurely monthlong cross-country
road trip. "I have to leave my house by 11 in the morning or I'll sit there
and watch CNBC all day. I'm addicted." She's also enjoying literary
pursuits: "The library -- you forget how awesome the library is! They have
CDs now! You can check out CDs, go home and burn them and bring them back
the next day!"

Is this fair use?

Audrey

~~~