[WEB4LIB] Newspaper index database

Brian Westra bwestra at u.washington.edu
Tue Feb 20 19:00:18 EST 2001

Barbara, see the Bozeman and Great Falls Newspaper Index,
at  http://fusion.lib.montana.edu/newspapers/
Data entry is done via forms in MS Access, then the data is imported into
MySQL. ColdFusion is the Web application server and Verity is used for the
"full text" searching.

There's also the Montana State periodical index, at
http://dreams.nris.state.mt.us/spi/Libraryquery.htm. It uses SQL Server and
active server pages.

Brian Westra
Library Systems
Health Sciences Library, University of Washington
bwestra at u.washington.edu     206-543-7497