checking link content

Reed, Tracey treed at clearwater-fl.com
Fri Dec 7 13:23:11 EST 2001

Happy Holiday Greetings to all!

I've been thinking about all the sites that have been, for lack of a better
word, hijacked by the adult entertainment industry.  As I've read in a
couple of places recently, it's not enough (was it ever?) to check that your
links GO somewhere, but also that they are still actually the site you think
they are. This can be very labor intensive as it seems to me that you have
to manually check each link on your site.  This, for many, is a HUGE
proposition.

Now I have vague memories of a discussion about link servers on the list,
but what other resources, software, vendors, whatever, are out there to take
on this onerous task and make it a little easier.

TIA,
-tracey

Tracey Reed
Clearwater Public Library System