[WEB4LIB] mailing list management

Pinkham, Lida LPinkham at plcmc.org
Fri Dec 7 10:54:38 EST 2001

We have created something simple in-house.  We allow patrons to subscribe on
the homepage.  When they subscribe, their email is added to an access
database.  (Go to our home page www.plcmc.org and click on the link to "@
the Library".)

We then send out periodic newsletters to all subscribers. Our web programmer
created a routine that pulls out all of the email addresses from the server
and then automatically sends an email.  We keep our emails simple and text
based.

We have a page for people who want to unsubcribe and any emails that bounce
back, we just manually remove from the list - about 10-12 each month.

We will be sending out our December newsletter soon, so you might want to
subscribe just to get an idea of how we do it.

Lida Pinkham
Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County
Interim Web Services Director & Library Resource Trainer
704-353-0631 (phone)
704-336-2677 (fax)

Check out the PLCMC family of websites:
http://www.plcmc.lib.nc.us/family/family.htm

"Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at
all."
~Henry David Thoreau

/ ) __ ~
   / |  )\