[WEB4LIB] Library Web Page Use

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Thu Dec 6 00:24:51 EST 2001

CH> Is anyone aware of a study that compares the use of academic library web pages to the use of the rest of the academic web site?  Most of the studies I've read tend to evaluate the library site
CH> use only.  What I'm interested in is how many hits do library pages get compared to academic non-library pages, perhaps broken down by department.

This could be interesting for bragging rights, but other than that,
what does it matter who gets the most?  I'd expect the library to get
more hits than departments, unless the departments' pages include
course content via Blackboard or some other similar system, or unless
the departmental sites include lots of student-owned pages.

Happy holidays,

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA