OpenBook

jacobs jacobs at students.uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 5 11:48:22 EST 2001

Greetings.  I am looking into the OpenBook software in order to build an
online community catalog. I am wondering if anyone has experience with the
software?

Specifically, I'd like to know:

Have you used the cataloging module? is it easy/difficult/intuitive? (This is
important because there will be non-catalogers creating bib. records)

Is it easy to import MARC records from OCLC? Does one need to be an OCLC
member in order to do that?

How is the circulation module? Is it stable?

Here is the link to the TRFoundation's site:
http://www.trfoundation.org/projects/koha_w.html

Thanks for any input you can give.

Regards,

James Jacobs

James R. Jacobs
Graduate Reference Assistant
Education/Social Science Library
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Home: 303B1 Paddock Drive
Savoy, IL 61874
(217)359-9283
jacobs at uiuc.edu
   (\
  {|||8-
   (/

"Librarians, Dusty, possess a vast store of politeness.
These are people who get asked regularly the dumbest
questions on God's green earth. These people tolerate
every kind of crank and eccentric and mouth-breather
there is."
--Garrison Keillor, "Lives of the Cowboys"