screenshot of video in RealPlayer and WMP

cbsmall at radford.edu cbsmall at radford.edu
Thu Dec 20 12:32:05 EST 2001

I have been struggling for weeks to get some screen shots of RealPlayer and
WindowsMedia Player playing a video. With some videos, I have no problem. But
other videos... failure again and again!  I have tried Snagit (v. 5.1 and v. 6)
and Paint Shop Pro, but the same problem keeps occurring.  When I attempt the
capture, I end up with a perfect image of the player, but the video viewing
screen is blank.  Sometimes there will be speckled color dots in the screen.
I've tried capturing as an object, as a window, and as a region.  I've tried
capturing while the video is playing or while it is paused or stopped.  I've
used the "DirectX" capture in Snagit 6 but that captures ONLY the video image,
not the player.  I have e-mailed with Snagit support half a dozen times but
nothing appears to work.  I'm ready to pull my hair out!

One video that has been problematic is about the P-38 plane, at
http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com/P38.html

If anyone knows of a new method to try, I would be SO appreciative.

Candice Benjes-Small
cbsmall at radford.edu