Photos on Home Pages

Peter Murray PMurray at law.uconn.edu
Wed Dec 12 12:54:55 EST 2001

--On Wednesday, December 12, 2001 9:00 AM -0800 Keith Higgs
<dkh2 at po.cwru.edu> wrote:
> While we're on the no-Javascript issue... I'm guessing you're using
> something like Amaya - which doesn't include Javascript support - or
> something like it.

Or we're using a browser with JavaScript, but have it turned off because:

 * we want to browse faster without needless rollovers
 * we're tired of pop-up and pop-behind windows
 * we wish to avoid the security holes which come with client-side
   scripting

If your site *requires* JavaScript, it is a bad design.  (IMHO.)

Peter
--
Peter Murray, Computer Services Librarian              W: 860-570-5233
University of Connecticut Law School             Hartford, Connecticut