Photos on Home Pages

Keith Higgs dkh2 at po.cwru.edu
Wed Dec 12 11:55:06 EST 2001

At 11:06 AM 12/12/2001 -0500, you wrote:

>Any reason why non-Javascript viewers get no picture at all?
>

>Thomas Dowling
>OhioLINK - Ohio Library and Information Network
>tdowling at ohiolink.edu

It could be that in order to get the starting image to be a random
selection from those available the actual image tag is written by a
script.  Hence, no Javascript == no tag. If you're paying attention,
there's a paragraph missing under the "Did You Know" heading in that same
column. Same reasoning - the paragraph is a random selected
document.write() in a script.

While we're on the no-Javascript issue... I'm guessing you're using
something like Amaya - which doesn't include Javascript support - or
something like it.

D. Keith Higgs. Email: dkh2 at po.cwru.edu, dkhiggs at yahoo.com
Case Western Reserve University, Webmaster - University Library
More Info: http://www.cwru.edu/UL/pershomepages/K_Higgs.html