[WEB4LIB] Looking for two articles on filtering

GraceAnne A. DeCandido ladyhawk at well.com
Mon Dec 31 11:08:14 EST 2001

I don't think you could do better than Karen Schneider's
work for PLA

http://www.pla.org/publications/technotes/technotes_filtering.html

It also has a good bibliography, and I think it is clear enough
for anyone to read. GraceAnne DeCandido

Michael Sauers wrote on 31 Dec 2001, about [WEB4LIB] Looking for two articles on filtering

> I've been requested to give a one-hour talk on filtering in
> libraries to a Sociology 101 class in a few weeks. The
> instructor would like to give the class some reading to do
> before the actual class.
>
> What I'm looking for are two articles, 5-10 pages each, one
> in favor of filtering, one against. These are undergraduate
> art students and not library school students.
>
> Any suggestions welcome.

> - Michael Sauers, Internet Trainer Bibliographical Center
> for Research (BCR) Aurora, CO :: msauers at bcr.org ::
> http://www.bcr.org/~msauers/ WWW Library Directory @
> http://www.webpan.com/msauers/libdir/ Opinions expressed are
> my own unless otherwise noted. Stop those X10 ads 'till 2009
> - click on http://www.x10.com/home/optout.cgi?DAY=3000
> -

GraceAnne A. DeCandido
Blue Roses Consulting ~ Writing ~ Editorial ~ Web Content ~ New York City ~
ladyhawk at well.com http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/gadhome.html
What's Ladyhawk reading now?
http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/books.html

Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.
 Garrison Keillor