Printing: IE 5.5 sp2, Win98SE, Deep Freeze 3.2 Eval

Keith Higgs dkh2 at po.cwru.edu
Wed Dec 19 14:10:34 EST 2001

At 10:49 AM 12/19/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>... Our patrons commonly put the blank pages in a pile next to the printer
>to be used again.
>
>Microsoft seems to have fixed the bug in IE6.0.

This is just great in terms of tree conservation but, some printers (even
expensive high volume ones) will jam up on re-feed paper. The explanation
we get when we ask about this is that the heat and pressure applied to the
paper as it goes through the print process can cause it to slip in the
rollers the next time through, or curl in ways that render it un-feed-able.

As you would expect, your mileage may vary. If you're re-feeding paper with
no problems go ahead and keep doing it.

D. Keith Higgs. Email: dkh2 at po.cwru.edu, dkhiggs at yahoo.com
Case Western Reserve University, Webmaster - University Library
More Info: http://www.cwru.edu/UL/pershomepages/K_Higgs.html