FW: dreamweaver

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Mon Dec 17 16:24:12 EST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Poulin [mailto:PoulinMW at mail.lemoyne.edu]
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 3:12 PM
To: drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Subject: dreamweaver

Hi Bill,

I converted about 400 pages a year or so ago.

Create a template with the multiple areas you want to move the data into....

I have a basic_template with a field for Pagename, body, and date.    One
that describes individual resources called title_template

Note: these have to live in the templates directory in your website or they
probably won't work.

I can then apply this template one page at a time - apply the template and
all the data goes to the body field.  I then drag and drop the other data to
other fields of the page.

Once they are all on the appropriate templates...   changes become quite
simple.

There probably is a better way to do a large site but that is how I did it.

Mike