photo library cards

SAMANTHA YEUNG SYEUNG at mx.tol.lib.ca.us
Thu Dec 13 19:34:35 EST 2001

I tried sending this once but it seems to have failed.  I hope this get through successfully.
Our library is looking for equipments to replace our current photo library card maker.  To complicate the matter a little further.... we are also in the process of looking for a library automation system.

We are currently on GEAC Plus and running software from Lexington Technologies to produce photo library cards.  Our setup involves a stand-alone computer that runs the imaging software and the digital camera, plus an ID card printer.  Lexington is our vendor for this setup.  We would like to find out what equipments/vendor other libraries are using to produce their own photo library cards.

It is greatly appreciated if you could help in answering the following questions:

1) What library automation system you are running with your photo ID maker?
2) Does circulation staff need to input patrons' data into the photo ID system or is the data automatically transfered to the photo ID system from your library automation system?
3) Does your library automation vendor support the outfit?
4) What photo or imaging software you need to run on the computer to make the photo ID cards?
5) Do you use a digital or an analog camera?
6) Would you recommend the photo ID equipments/vendor that you are currently using? and Why?

I would be happy to summarize for the list if there is any interest in this topic.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Regards,
Samantha

Samantha Yeung                 v: (805) 449-2660 x. 232
Systems Librarian                 f: (805) 373-6858
Thousand Oaks Library        syeung at mx.tol.lib.ca.us
1401 E. Janss Rd.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362