[WEB4LIB] RE: Web based reserve item request form design

Araby Greene araby at unr.edu
Thu Dec 13 18:03:57 EST 2001

We have a simple Reserve Request form that allows faculty to request up to
10 items (per form) for a particular course. Upon submission of the
validated form, a confirmation page lists items requested and formats an
HTML/text e-mail to Circulation staff (since not everybody uses HTML mail
all the time). The HTML mail lines everything up nicely in a borderless
table. For this type of thing, I use a favorite ASP "formmail" script
(available free from brainjar.com) that can be modified to suit.

I've cloned the form, so it won't be e-mailed to our circ folks if you play
with it:
http://www.library.unr.edu/comments/reserves1.html

Araby Greene

Araby Greene