[WEB4LIB] Re: Library Web Page Use

Craighton Hippenhammer CHHammer at olivet.edu
Mon Dec 10 15:51:57 EST 2001

I think one of the strongest arguments for having an obvious library link on the university home page is just that:  our distance education students.  They know their way around even less well than freshmen, and I sure would like to make it easier for them.

Craighton Hippenhammer

>>> Dan Lester <dan at riverofdata.com> 12/10/01 02:25PM >>>
My apologies for not writing clearly enough in the text below.  Of
course you are right that a great many users connecting from off
campus IP addresses are students and faculty.  I was trying to
indicate that the ones who are not already affiliated with the
university probably doesn't care about the library, and that if s/he
did, a great many academic libraries would provide minimal or no
services to them anyway, at least unless they paid a fee.

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA