[WEB4LIB] Re: Library Web Page Use

Hugh Jarvis hjarvis at buffalo.edu
Mon Dec 10 10:41:30 EST 2001

Hmm, may I ask why a clean, lean, and very functional site cannot also
be a marketing tool..?  How about a nice tight tool set with a small
amount of space reserved for a pretty picture of happy patrons and a
short snippet of text ("...in 2000, the library collection reached XXXX
books and journals.").  Pictures and text could randomly rotate from a
simple database.  There are many facets to "marketing"...

This is a great thread.

(I am a librarian who works in a marketing/publications office that is
also responsible for our main university pages.)

	Hugh

Hugh Jarvis  (PhD, MLS)
Cybrarian/Web Information Coordinator
Creative Services - University at Buffalo
330 Crofts Hall, Buffalo, New York, USA 14260-7015
Tel: 716 645-5000 x1428
Fax: 716 646-3765
Email: hjarvis at buffalo.edu (preferred)