catalog availability problem

Miriam Bobkoff miriambobkoff at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 09:01:14 EST 2001

We are in the aftermath of the City's migration to a
new provider and there has been some disorder in
getting the new IP numbers propagated. Things have
hypothetically been corrected for a week, but we know
of at least one ISP whose users cannot reach our
catalog with verbal or numerical address, nor reach
our web site; and some users at other providers report
that instead of the catalog they reach a City of Santa
Fe logo screen.

Later this morning I will be talking to the City MIS
people. If you have time in the next couple of hours
(it's about 7 AM MST, Tuesday) please test if you
would, and let me know what you see:

http://catalog.ci.santa-fe.nm.us  (should be the
catalog)

http://65.211.248.198   (the catalog via its new IP
address)

http://www.ci.santa-fe.nm.us/sfpl/   (general web
page)

If you do not get to the catalog and/or the web page,
and you can do a traceroute, please let me know where
the traceroute tells you it thinks it is going.

>From my own ISP I see:
: #> traceroute catalog.ci.santa-fe.nm.us
: traceroute: Warning: catalog.ci.santa-fe.nm.us has
: multiple addresses; using 65.211.248.197

but in web broser or via lynx in the shell it arrives
correctly to the pages it should, though
http://65.211.248.197 is apparently that pesky logo
screen.

Thank you very much.

Miriam Bobkoff             personal: mbobkoff at rt66.com