[WEB4LIB] Re: Netscape 6.1 -- Print Preview

Tony Barry me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
Mon Aug 20 04:16:32 EDT 2001

At 3:36 PM -0700 19/8/01, rich at richardwiggins.com wrote:
>It was usable as a browser, but we do more than "browsing."

I wonder if what I do is unusual or something which is becoming common?

>Many e-commerce sites advise "Print a copy of this page for your records."

I never do. I might save the page as text or source though, or if
there is multiple pages use a mirroring facility to download the lot.
Sometimes I might save a screen shot.

>If you look up a map to a specific address on Mapquest, you are more
>likely to print it out than download it to a PDA.

I have printed a map but infrequently. Last one was how to get to the
local wineries!

>   Most magazines with an online presence are now smart enough to
>offer printer-friendly versions, knowing that people want to read,
>mark up, and hand around longer, complicated articles.

If I want somebody else to get it I give them the URL. If it needs a
password to get in to it I invoke fair dealing and send them the file.

I doubt if I use a printer more than once every two weeks.

Tony

--
phone  +61 2 6241 7659
mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au