Genealogy Obits.

Lin Light holight at lakeland.lib.mi.us
Wed Aug 8 19:16:46 EDT 2001

We are beginning to look at that task of moving our paper obituaries to
some other format.
Right now we clip and paste them on old catalog cards and store them in
old Card Catalog drawers.
We have filled over 300 card catalog drawers  and we're now running out
of space.
We are looking at a couple approaches, "head-down data entry" or
scanning.
I'm leaning towards the former because I like the idea of being able to
control what is being entered.  Some data could be left off like time of
visitation and where donations can be sent.
We are also facing the task of indexing and of course storage.
Any suggestions?
Lin

--
Lin Light