Floppy disks in the Library

Tasmin R. Mills tmills at lawrence.lib.ks.us
Wed Aug 1 10:12:01 EDT 2001

I would like to know if there are any libraries that have a policy about
patrons bringing floppy disks from home.  We are experiencing the problem
of floppy disks getting stuck in computers and patrons and staff forcibly
trying to remove them.  It is difficult to educate patrons on proper floppy
care but I see that it needs to be done.

Do you allow floppy disks from home or do you have patrons purchase floppy
disks from you.  However, this still doesn't solve the problem of the new
disk being damaged and then brought back to the library and used.

Suggestions?

trm

Tasmin R. Mills
Technology Coordinator