Software & Hardware Inventory DB

Tony New libtwn at rowlett.lib.tx.us
Wed Aug 22 14:32:15 EDT 2001

I realize that this is only marginally related to the web but it came up
because I just ordered a bunch of software (including the Opera Browser
among others) for our PC-Lab from which our patrons surf the net.

Has anyone created a database in MS Access which they use to keep track of
the hardware and software in their library including how many licenses they
have, when the licenses expire, and on which computers the software has been
installed.

Would you be willing to share your template?    I hope so because as I
continue to wade through the instructional manual for MS Access, I realize
that I'm facing a pretty steep learning curve and it will take quite a bit
of time to develop one on my own.   I must admit that my old system of 3x5
filing cards is lookin' pretty good right now.  <smile>