Section 508 Compliance/Dreamweaver Users

Andrea.Cheney at USPTO.GOV Andrea.Cheney at USPTO.GOV
Fri Aug 3 11:31:46 EDT 2001

Greetings everyone.

I work for a Federal Government agency and am at work on bringing some
Intranet pages that I maintain into Section 508 compliance. In an earlier
discussion someone mentioned that Bobby does a really good job of indicating
508 violations on web pages but falls short in making suggestions on how
they can be fixed. I have been thinking of looking into the downloadable
extensions that Macromedia makes available for its products. I would like to
hear from list members who have used "Check Page for Accessibility"
extension with Dreamweaver. There are some other extensions, but this one in
particular is compatible with Dreamweaver 3, which is the version that I use
at present. We have not upgraded to version 4. with regard to the "Check
Page Accessibility" extension, please address it's degree of helpfulness.
Also, I am interested to know if it generated suggestions for repair of
specific 508 violations. If you are using Dreamweaver 4 and have used
another extension to help you with bringing your web site or pages into
compliance, I'd like to hear from you also.

TIA.

Andrea Cheney
Electronic Resources Librarian
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office