[WEB4LIB] While I'm on the subject of Opera....

Mark Ellis mark.ellis at rpl.richmond.bc.ca
Fri Aug 31 11:34:15 EDT 2001

Toni,

This is probably occurring because you left your cookies behind on your last
browser.  Your personal settings may be stored in a cookie and the sign-on
may simply serve to distinguish users logged on using the same profile on
the client.  I started the account creation procedure on mynetscape and
found that it did create a cookie with the login name I chose, which would
be consistent with my speculation above.

Mark Ellis
Manager, Reference and Information Services
Richmond Public Library
Richmond, B.C.
(604) 231-6410
www.yourlibrary.ca