Sample job descriptions

VanderHart, Robert Robert.VanderHart at umassmed.edu
Wed Aug 29 14:58:55 EDT 2001

I am in the process of writing a job description for myself.  Our director
has moved me out of the reference department, where I was mostly doing web
site development with reference/instruction on the side, and into the
systems department where I will be concentrating on web site development.
We already have a systems librarian, to whom I am now reporting.  For
reasons of institutional politics we can't create a "web developer"
position, but that's actually a very big part of what I am doing.  Other
duties include administering EZProxy and corresponding with electronic
resource vendors and publishers on authentication/access issues.

Does anyone have, or know of a repository for, sample job descriptions that
would seem like a fit for what I'm doing?

Robert J. Vander Hart
[Currently Untitled]
The Lamar Soutter Library
55 Lake Avenue N