[WEB4LIB] Re: IE 6.0 Problems & Product Lifecycle

Blake Carver carver.50 at osu.edu
Wed Aug 29 13:25:36 EDT 2001

>     First off, playing devil's advocate here, from what the article on
>C|NET says, Sun took MS to court to prevent them from including new
>versions of Java in MSIE. To which MS dropped Java support all together.
>My question is, what's the problem?

If that was really the case, that would be fine:

Sun (Scott McNealy) said something rather different;
"Microsoft has implied in the press that removing the Java Virtual Machine
was a condition of the settlement of our lawsuit against them. Pardon my
French, but that's bullspin."
"The decision to remove Java technology was Microsoft's alone. The real
reason, I suspect, is to give you the same kind of choice Henry Ford
offered to buyers of the Model T: "Any color you want, as long as it's
black." "
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1276-210-6943640-1.html?tag=archlnk