keywords

Yvonne Reynolds Reynolds at nbict.nbi.ac.za
Wed Aug 29 10:31:22 EDT 2001

Hi,

We are being encouraged to register Keywords by a commercial company which promises that these "keywords" will be  used in place of the usual full url to locate websites in the near future.  Basically your  company name can function as the full address to your site

I explored a bit further and found that this was an initiative supported by Microsoft and a few other large companies.

Is this about to fly?  Should we take it seriously and register our keywords/names, before someone else grabs our name/ s-   and  are there various places to register these keywords where we might get a better deal financially than the site which first mailed us?

Any comments would be welcomed.

thanks,
Yvonne

Yvonne Reynolds