Windows Desktop Product Lifecycle Guidelines

Mary Kindred marykindred at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 10:03:25 EDT 2001

I'm still using Windoze 95. Support ends in December so I will have to
*upgrade* to 98. I will *upgrade* kicking and screaming. With the help of
Window Washer (cheap) and Reg Cleaner (freeware)... and the usual scanning
and defragging... I run nearly blue screen and error free. Only recently has
MicroSoft caught on to the fact that us diehard 95 users have been able to
upgrade and keep pace with 98 and even ME all along. They finally woke up
with Windows Media 7 and IE 6. I can't have 'em. I'm under the impression
that 95, 98, and ME are pretty much the same... why not end support all at
once?! 2000 and NT too! Forcing you to use XP would also jumpstart computer
sales! I'm on to something here!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/lifecycle.asp

Mary Kindred
marykindred at hotmail.com