[WEB4LIB] Download Only for IE6

Masters, Gary E GEM at CDRH.FDA.GOV
Tue Aug 28 12:53:39 EDT 2001

Andrew:

I want to see what IE 6 is about, but it demands that I have service pack 6.
I do, but when I try to run it, I get the message that it can not open
setup.log.  For some reason, it was missing from my workstation.  I followed
the Microsoft directions to make a file, but it still does not work.

Have you seen this?   My version of the setup.log file, so far is like:

[Files.WinNt]
\C:\WINNT\System32\Hal.dll = "hal.dll","d023"

[Paths]
TargetDirectory = "\C:\WINNT"

But they put "\%Systemroot%\System..." in the example  and ask me to replace
"%Systemroot%"   with the directory where NT is installed.  I never know if
the % should stay or not.  But I used to get confused by "whatever" too.

I have been looking all over for a sample setup.log file, but can not find
it.  This started a while back when it turned out that my NT server that I
set up as part of a Front Page installation became a worm security threat
unless I upgraded to sp 6.  Would not work then and our system folks scolded
me for (a) having a server and (b) wanting to apply SP 6 without their
intervention - even though I had a message from my bosses' boss telling me
to apply the SP.

Oh well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,