Internet Explorer 6

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Tue Aug 28 08:12:58 EDT 2001

Here are some "enlightening" comments from MS regarding IE 6:

Q.  Is Internet Explorer committed to implementing standard X in the future?

A.  Microsoft is committed to implementing the Internet standards that make
sense to allow our customers to build great solutions. As standards emerge,
we evaluate them to see which standards might best serve our customers'
needs.

Q.  Will Internet Explorer 6 provide cross-platform support?

A.  There are no plans at this time for versions of Internet Explorer 6 on
operating systems other than Windows.

Q.  What are the details of downlevel support for Internet Explorer 6?

A.  Internet Explorer 6 is supported on Windows 98 and Windows 98 Second
Edition, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. Internet
Explorer 6 is NOT supported on Windows 95.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/evaluation/faq/default.asp

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library