[WEB4LIB] Re: sanserif font for all browsers

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Mon Aug 27 12:32:23 EDT 2001

I think Walt is referring to the fact that sans-serif font is much more
readable in blocks of text.  The "curls" on the letters help the "flow" of the
text and easing the strain on the eyes.  I think this is one of those "rules"
of typology.  It gets tricky with web pages because a lot of text is not
blocks, like traditional printed text we would see in books and periodicals.
Instead, it is little bits and pieces scattered about the pages.  In those
cases, depending on colors, screen resolution and font size, many people find
the sans-serif font easier to read.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library