securing Macs

c.murdock cmurdock at ccfls.org
Tue Aug 21 13:29:18 EDT 2001

Hi all,

We're looking into buying a new iMac for our Children's Room, and I was
wondering if anyone out there could tell me what they use to secure OS X.
Does one need a separate software package, or can it be locked down without
anything extra, as with user accounts in linux, unix, etc.?  With our old
Mac, which I believe was running OS 7, we were apparently using a program
called At Ease.  I don't know a thing about Macs, so I'd really appreciate if
someone could point us in the right direction!

Thanks much!

Cindy Murdock
Network Administrator
Meadville Public Library