Re.: Web Usage Statistics

David Hook DHOOK at mdrobotics.ca
Tue Aug 21 13:25:13 EDT 2001

Judith:

A while back I had a look at some of the server statistical packages out there.  A couple things to note:
- not many packages can generate stats off multipler servers (which, I believe you said you wanted).
- I have yet to find a package that can accurately count individual page hits by unique users.  Most of the companies stay away from this because the stats can be very misleading - a "unique user" can only be determined by his/her IP address, which is not always static.

I use WebTrends, which isn't bad for what I need it for.  I believe that it can generate stats from multiple servers.  Every package out there is going to have its limitations - I don't think there will be something that meets all your needs.  Analog is a good program, if you are looking for something for free, although I think it can only run on a single server.

Dave

Dave Hook, P.Eng, MISt
MD Robotics Ltd.
Phn: (905) 790-2800 x4108