Blackboard and portals

Craighton Hippenhammer CHHammer at olivet.edu
Mon Apr 2 20:17:17 EDT 2001

Does anyone have a solution for using Blackboard as the portal to the campus intranet where IP recognized library databases reside?  If so, how was it done and what is your network configuration?  We're thinking this might be a better solution than the VPN access our distance education students are having trouble with.  Besides, VPN doesn't work with AOL.

Our Blackboard salesman tells us that this is possible with the Level 3 product, not the Level 2 we are buying.  Has anyone made this connection with any level of Blackboard?   We will be moving our electronic reserves to Blackboard.  It would be wonderful to have active, working links to FirstSearch and other IP recognized library databases as well.

Craighton Hippenhammer
Information Technology Librarian
Olivet Nazarene University
chhammer at olivet.edu