[WEB4LIB] Electronic White Boards

Caleb C Tucker-Raymond ctuckerr at stmarys-ca.edu
Mon Apr 2 17:11:12 EDT 2001

The main issue that I've run into with our SmartBoard is that it's not
Plug-n-play (unless I'm missing something).

Since we don't always use it, the startup software often reads that the
SmartBoard is not present. When we do want to use it, we have to run the
set-up program. I don't mind doing this, but generally, I'm not the one
teaching and unfortunately, this has discouraged its use.

We don't have it permanently installed. We have a cart with the PC and
projector, and we keep markers on the floor showing where it should go, as
well as where the SmartBoard should go.

I think it would be useful to use a wireless keyboard and mouse with this
setup.

         Caleb Tucker-Raymond
     Electronic Systems Librarian
  Saint Mary's College of California