[WEB4LIB] Re: .org to be strictly limited to non-profits only???

Daniel Messer dmesser at yvrls.lib.wa.us
Mon Apr 2 14:44:15 EDT 2001

Thomas Dowling <tdowling at ohiolink.edu> said:

> > Well, if this happens as quickly as the new TLDs or ipV6 or all sorts
> > of other things, we could all be dead before then.
> >

> Speaking of which, have there been any recent developments on .info and
> the other TLDs approved last year?

Funny you should ask, I just so happen to have something here in front of me
about it. According to the latest report I could find, the TLDs were supposed
to be available by July of this year, but "could be delayed by several months
or more" because of contract negotiations and other legal woes.

If you like Reuters had an artical on it, the very one I'm reading actually.
Try www.reuters.com and doing a search for the article ICANN: Launch of New
Domain Names Behind Schedule. According to the date, it was posted March 4,
2001.

Hope that helps!
Dan

--