Allowing Downloads

Mike Mitchell mitchmd at lithgow.lib.me.us
Wed Apr 25 16:34:34 EDT 2001

Tom,
	We don't really allow downloads here. Patrons can Save As to A: but that's
about it. I use a combination of Fortress to prevent saving to C: and
disallow executing from A: (among many other things), Winselect to lock
down the Destop and applications, and now, thanks to the suggestions on
this list, Public Browser to lock down IE5.5. In fact, I switched everyone
from Netscape 4.08 to IE5.5 just so we could use Public Browser. Also told
Winselect to disallow addresses that start with ftp:// or file://.

Michael Mitchell
Systems Librarian
Lithgow Public Library
Augusta, ME