[WEB4LIB] Re: Impact of statewide database deals?

Elizabeth Swift eswift at bham.lib.al.us
Sat Apr 21 09:35:43 EDT 2001

Here in Alabama the public libraries issue an Alabama Virtual Library
(AVL) card.  The state's Supercomputer Authority has set up pages that
use perl scripts.  Once you are logged in, it looks to me like it uses
referring urls to authenticate.

Here in Jefferson County, we had the Innovative WAM product and used it
from the beginning of the AVL.  The AVL card started after about 6
months after the AVL began.  Our patrons can use the AVL card or their
library cards to access the AVL products from outside of the library.

--
Elizabeth E. Swift
System Librarian
eswift at bham.lib.al.us