[WEB4LIB] proxy server connection problems--MSN and AOL????

Elizabeth A Reiten reitene at okstate.edu
Mon Apr 16 11:01:18 EDT 2001

Quick note about AOL users accessing proxy servers:  They don't have to
change ISP's, they just have to minimize the AOL "environment" and use
either Netscape <6.* or IE.  I was finally able (after about 9 months of
being ignored) to track down someone at AOL who explained how to make it
work for our users.  We have fantastic luck with Netscape, not so great
with IE.

I'm afraid I don't know anything specifically about MSN as an ISP.  Sorry!

Beth Reiten, Librarian
Digital Library Services
Edmon Low Library
Oklahoma State University