Opera 5.10

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Apr 10 14:49:36 EDT 2001

Since Web4Lib has had some discussion of the adware/commercial browser
Opera in the past, I thought I'd point out that version 5.10 has been
released.  There's a feature summary at
<URL:http://www.opera.com/opera5/new.html>.  My initial playing around
with it suggests that the increased support for CSS and DOM, barely hinted
at in the release notes, is in fact a substantial improvement.  It also
seems to be faster than 5.02.

The still need to hammer out absolute positioning, though.  And Unicode
and full HTML 4 support are still (at least) a major release away.  Ah,
well, no rest for the weary.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu