[WEB4LIB] "His mouse button must be stuck"

Daniel Messer dmesser at yvrls.lib.wa.us
Mon Apr 9 16:29:55 EDT 2001

Thomas Dowling <tdowling at ohiolink.edu> said:

> Has anyone else seen this kind of activity in their logs?  Or better yet,
> observed the user behavior that causes it?

Well I think I have. I've seen many computer users, new and experienced, come
into the library. They'll sit down to an internet terminal and bring up a
page. Now since we have a broadband connection, the users are used to and
expect a fast response from a web site. If they don't get it, I've seen them
click on the link repeatedly as fast as they can, or they'll hit the Reload
or Refresh button several times. I liken this to the behavior that some
people believe that, if you punch an elevator button several times over and
over again, it'll make the elevator arrive more quickly. Or the traffic light
will change to walk if I hit the button quickly, over and over again, until
it changes. That might be a source of the problem.

Dan

--
The subject in question...
dmesser at yvrls.lib.wa.us