[WEB4LIB] FrontPage 2000 question

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Mon Apr 9 12:36:37 EDT 2001

Friday, April 06, 2001, 9:54:00 AM, you wrote:

AIM> I have a very basic question for FP2000 users but I haven't been able to
AIM> find the answer to this.  Here it goes:

AIM> Is there a way to make web pages in FP2000 "read-only" so that they can be
AIM> used as templates?  I want staff to be able to use a pre-defined template
AIM> but I don't want the template over-written.

AIM> Now, a couple of additions.

AIM> 1) I don't want to use FP's built-in template function as it adds steps to
AIM> the process that I want to avoid.

Once you've created the template (which you have to do under any
systerm), I don't see how it adds steps.  Just add the template to the
button bar and let the user click that button instead of the new blank
page button.

That seems much simpler than messing with the permissions (which also
should work).

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA