[WEB4LIB] Librarian or Computer Expert and why have a MLS?

Benison, Thelma Thelma.Benison at cshs.org
Wed Apr 4 14:55:33 EDT 2001

	 I didn't like the attitude given me as a library assistant.
	 I find that I have a better Information Science and Technology
education and background than those who received an MLIS
	before me and gave me the 'non-MLIS' attitude'.  The Information
Science classes I took in my MLIS program at SJSU gave
	me knowledge and experience in creating Oracle databases,
programming, and knowledge management -- which happen to
	be very very marketable skills worth quite a bit salary-wise (70K+)
in a business environment.

	I don't think I want to go back and work in a library. I'd probably
get the 'new kid on the block-green
	hand and  inexperienced' attitude as an upcoming graduate with an
MLIS degree...

	Thelma Benison
	E-Mail Systems Administrator
	Cedars-Sinai Medical Center