Web site traffic software (ODBC with perl vs. asp)

Dobbs, Aaron DobbsA at apsu.edu
Wed Apr 4 14:34:05 EDT 2001

Perhaps my understanding of Perl is off, but I believe Perl will recognize
and interact with ODBC objects.  My understanding is that .asp (server side
vbscripting) is not the only way to work with Access.  Any object oriented
language can work with ODBC objects, ie: C*, php/python, Perl(I think), VB,
etc can be used to interface with the DB object (in your case an Access Db)

Please correct me if I have erred
(I'm comfy enough with vb, so I use .asp)

-Aaron
:-)'
"Pear Pimples for Hairy Fishnuts?"
-Opus

Mark Wrote:

                 <snip>                                            We have
something that does this, written in perl.  I am re-writing it in ASP
(bleah!)
to log things to an Access Database.  I am happy to share either system,
if you are interested.