[WEB4LIB] P.O.s for domain registration

John Creech creechj at mumbly.lib.cwu.edu
Tue Apr 24 12:14:53 EDT 2001

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Masud-Paul, Janice wrote:

> Greetings,
> We would like to register our library's domain name. However, most companies
> expect that you will use a credit card or moneywire to pay for this service.
> Does anyone know of a company that accepts purchase orders for domain
> registration?  Thanks in advance.  -Janice

Janice,

You can go to www.internic.net for list of approved companies that will
register your name.  And you might want to check out networksolutions.com.
They were one of the first when the Internet went commercial and are in
some way a commercialization of one of the original DNS orgs -- *IF* I
remember correctly.

netorksolutions.com has a "Business Account Program" where they will
invoice you within x days, I believe.  More info is at:

http://networksolutions.com/en_US/help/payments.jhtml

John Creech
Electronic Resources & Systems Librarian
Central Washington University Library
400 E. 8th Ave. | Ellensburg, WA 98926 |
office - 509-963-1081 || fax - 509-963-3684
creechj at www.lib.cwu.edu