setting up server side includes on Netscape/IPlanet server

Linda Woods Hyman lwhyman at pacbell.net
Mon Apr 30 15:32:43 EDT 2001

Hi. I am getting into the nitty gritty of setting up server side includes on our Netscape/IPlanet server. My new system administrator is willing to try and make the includes work without having to change our filename extensions to .shtml and without forcing me to move files that use them into the ssi_includes folder.

Does anyone know of any documentation (for dummies) on how to set these up on Netscape servers? We found a short script that we are supposed to put into the .htaccess directory; but it doesn't seem to be working. I asked this question in March2000. I looked through the Web4Lib archives but didn't find any real solutions. The one article that was mentioned is no longer available.

Thanks for any pointers.
Linda Woods Hyman, MLS., MA.
Pacific Bell Education First
(619) 237-2020